Waterboss 22000 Grain Capacity Compact Water Softener
I’m sure you’ve heard the expression ‘Great things come in small packages’ and when it comes to water softeners, the Waterboss 22000 grain water softener is one of the most compact systems on the market, But is it great?
Even though its a small system, its salt-based, meaning its VERY good at softening hard water by filtering out calcium and magnesium minerals in your water supply. Salt-based vs salt-free water softeners have different strong points.
Here is a look at a system that was designed with small spaces In mind, so let’s take a closer look and see how it holds up, and see if they had to sacrifice performance to get it so small-space friendly.
Our Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars
Pros and Cons of the Waterboss 22000
- Small and compact - can fit almost anywhere
- Quick regeneration
- Can't handle hard water for medium-large homes
- Many customer complaints online about faulty systems
- Regeneration resin is expensive
- Compact design– small, it doesn’t even look like a water softener system. It measures 14 3/4 wide, 18 3/4 deep, and a tiny 25 34 high.
- Whisper quiet– some larger systems are known to be quiet loud when regeneration takes place, but not this, it appreciates your downtime.
- Turbo regeneration time– the compact design means it can regenerate super fast, in some cases it has an 18-minute regeneration cycle. This allows the system to use less water, which saves you money in the end.
- Built-in dirt and sediment filter– instead of having an external filter (as most systems do) which requires maintenance, this system houses an internal, self-cleaning filter.
- Flow rate – the unit has a peak flow rate of 12 GPM.
- Built-in by-pass valve– one less thing you need to think about. Don’t need soft water for some reason, simply turn the valve and you have hard water flowing through your pipes again
- LCD display- the user-friendly, and sexy looking display screen is a breeze to work with- you can set it up with just a few presses of a button
- Warranty– 3 years warranty on electrics and 10-year warranty on the tank and cabinet
How to Install a Waterboss Water Softener?
An installation and service manual can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website for your reference. Note that while the necessary parts and valves are be provided by WaterBoss, additional fittings may be needed to finalize the installation process.
What We Liked About Waterboss Compact Water Softener
Small and compact – This system was designed with small household in mind. If your pressed for space, stick it in a cabinet, the laundry, the bathroom- it will fit just about anywhere
Fast regeneration time – Since its compact, yet powerful, it can regenerate at record speeds. This means longer periods in between regenerations, and less waster wastage.
Self cleaning filter – The self cleaning dirt and sediment filter means one less task for you to worry about. Nobody is complaining about that.
Technical support – Having problems? Waterboss has an in-house technical support line for you to call if your having any issues.
What We Didn’t Like About Waterboss Compact Water Softener
Is it too small for you? – If you have more than 4 people in your family, this system may not be able to keep up. Putting the system under too much stress will cost you more, and potentially damage the machine.
The warranty – Don’t get me wrong, its not a bad warranty, but we think they could have offered a little more than 3 years on the electronics. 5 years seems to be the industry standard
Customer complaints about problems – Many customers have complained about faulty issues with this system, however there are still some people claiming that it works great for them. The warranty will keep you safe, however you’ve been warned.
Best Suited For
- Small houses – This is a small system, so it could be a good option for you if you have 1 bathroom and won’t overwork the machine.
- If you’re a little lazy – You have to admit, the fact that this system cleans itself (internally) and has a timed regeneration is quite appealing, right?
Not So Great For...
- Very large households – Not a good choice if this describes you. You will just overwork it and bust it.
- Someone who wants a long-lasting, reliable solution – The negative customers reviews warn you; there has been problems with this machine, so it’s a risky purchase
Final Review of the Waterboss 22000 Water Softener
So overall, what do we think about the Water boss water softener?
2.5 out of 5 stars
That’s the lowest-rated item here on the Water Softener Critic.
A compact, yet high performing water softener system with easy to use features which makes set up, and running, a headache free task.
Many customers have complained about issues with this system so unless you absolutely need a small system, steer clear of this one. There are several water softener systems on the market that come in different sizes and features that are also just as effective in softening your water supply. So, make sure to weigh your options properly. If it’s a compact system you need, why not try this portable system by Watts?
If you have a medium to large family (4 members or more), or if your household seems to chew through water like its going out of fashion, you’re best looking for a larger sized, and capacity system.
Our Rating: 2.5 out of 5 stars