The Best Water Dispenser
No matter if you need hot or cold water, the best water dispenser for 2018 is one that will perfectly suit your needs. Find out what to look for before you buy and the top units on the market today.
Water dispensers are essential around the office or home. They provide access to both hot and cold water, perhaps even offering room-temperature water as well as the two main temperatures. The challenge, it seems, is finding the right dispenser for your needs.
To help you find the best water dispenser options on the market today, we’ve compiled a list of what you should look for before you make your purchase and the best water dispensers for 2018. Some work well in different settings, but each dispenser is chosen with real users in mind.
Water Dispenser Buyer’s Guide
Before you make a large purchase like a water dispenser, there are a few helpful things you should know. There are various types of water dispensers out there with numerous features. Let’s take a look at the different types so that you know which design will meet your desires and needs.
Types of Water Dispensers
The first and most important thing to consider before purchasing a water dispenser is the type. Some models require you to load the water in different ways, some take up more space than others, and some dispensers may require some physical strength to reload water jugs. Here are some things to consider:
Bottom Load Water Dispenser
A bottom loading water dispenser appears more modern and sleeker, with the water jug hidden out of sight. The real advantage for these dispensers is that the jug is located underneath the machine, so the elderly or people with no upper body strength don’t need to lift the full jug overhead and turn it upside down to load it.
Although this type of dispenser is probably the least popular, not having to lift the water jug to refill water is a huge bonus.
Top Load Water Dispenser
Perhaps the most common type of water dispenser, the top loading dispensers do require you to lift a full water bottle and turn it upside down each time you run out of the water. Unlike the bottom load dispensers, you can visibly see the jug on top of the dispenser. However, it is the cheapest and most affordable option. It’s also extremely easy to maintain and anyone, even children, can operate it.
Countertop Water Dispenser
If you have limited space at home yet you need a good water dispenser, this type may be the solution. It’s compact and able to sit on your countertop, so it doesn’t take up a lot of space. People who live in small apartments head straight for these water dispensers. Most come with 5-liter water bottles you can purchase from a supermarket.
Wall Mounted Water Dispenser
Basically, a fountain, wall-mounted water dispensers are fixed on the wall to allow a continuous flow of water from your main water source. They have refrigeration units to cool water and a small tank to store the cold water, so it can be easily accessed at a moment’s notice.
Things to Consider About Water Dispensers
If you’re not sure which water dispenser is right for you, go through the following factors and weigh each idea. Think of your needs as you go through the following list of considerations:
How much space do you have for a water dispenser? You don’t want to add clutter, so if space is limited you may consider a smaller machine. If space isn’t an issue, opt for the top or bottom loading models.
The best water dispenser will offer a large capacity of water at once, meaning you don’t need to refill it often. Think about how many people are in your home or office and select a dispenser with a reasonable capacity for your needs so you don’t deplete the water quickly.
If you have kids around the home, a child safety lock will come in handy. It will keep kids from playing in the water or burning their little hands under the steaming hot water.
Ease of Use
You need a dispenser that is easy to use, so you don’t spend tons of time cleaning or performing maintenance tasks. Look for a dispenser with a drip tray and removable parts, as this is hugely beneficial in making cleaning easier. Some dispensers will also have filters to change once in a while.
Some dispensers even come with a storage cabinet some you don’t need to fill water bottles or stand looking at empty jugs.
If you have budget constraints to meet, compare the prices of each type of dispenser. The countertop models are smaller and cost less than freestanding units whereas non-electric dispensers are cheaper than electric models. The least expensive models will cost around $100, and full-size units are often priced between $100 and $500.
Top 9 Best Water Dispensers
Without further ado, here are the best water dispenser of 2018. Displaying only the best models to consider first, the following list contains our top picks for water dispensers on the market right now.
- With water that is as cold as 37 degrees Fahrenheit, you can enjoy the fresh taste of a nice glass of icy-cold water. Instantly hot water will allow you the convenience of flavorful tea and soups, immediately! "Piano-key" push buttons are designed to prevent tipping and remain high enough to keep toddlers from accessing them.
- Fast Flow technology pours water out 3 times faster than many other brands Child-resistant faucet up high out of reach of toddlers Large, removable drip tray for easy cleaning
- Approximately 70 percent stainless steel front has the most stainless steel out of any top-loading retail cooler
- This beautifully designed product will give you more water flow, colder and hotter water, all in an attractive stainless steel cabinet
This smart, self-cleaning water dispenser not only has both hot and cold water, but it also comes with 6th sense self-cleaning technology to break down viruses or bacteria in your drinking water. With an LED indicator light and convenient bottom load setup, this model is easy to use (even at night) and efficient. You don’t need to lift heavy water jugs to load it, and the self-cleaning mechanism helps maintenance.
- Money-saving coupons for Primo water included Ice-cold water Piping hot water with child-resistant safety feature Spill-proof bottle holder with Leak Guard Push button controls
With the press of a bottom, you can have ice cold or steaming hot water instantly. This bottom loading water dispenser offers push-button controls and a sleek design that adds a stylish element to your home kitchen. It’s also safe and easy to use, with a removable, dishwasher-safe drip tray for easy cleanup and child-resistant safety locks on the hot water control. In fact, it’s UL certified for safety.
Plus, with a bottom loading unit like this, you don’t need to flip a large water jug up overhead and the bottles come concealed inside a cabinet for easy storage. It doesn’t require plumbing, so it’s easy to install just about anywhere, and the best part is that this unit is Energy Star rated as a great choice to save money on energy costs.
- Made with #304 Food Grade Stainless Steel, Height: 10 in., Mouth Width: 5.9 in., Circumference: 28.4 in.
- BpA-free Polypropylene Lever Spigot
- Non-leaching – no chemical, no toxins, no taste
- Resistant to stains and corrosion, Fits any decor from contemporary to country
For as little as $34 on Amazon, this New Wave water dispenser is a steal! This is a portable water dispenser that can hold a 5-gallon bottle or used alone if you purchase the lid as well, which is sometimes sold separately depending on the seller. This model is great for camping trips, holiday get-togethers, backyard parties, or even small apartments.
The stainless-steel design is resistant to staining, rust, or corrosion and fits any type of home décor. It may not offer both hot and cold water at once, but for a little extra, you can get a stand. It only takes up around 11” x 11” of countertop space as well, making it perfect for tiny homes or on-the-go needs.
- The innovative bottom-loading design of this cooler eliminates heavy lifting and flipping of water jugs required by top-load coolers.
- This cooler features a tri-temp push button faucet that makes it easy to dispense cold, hot and room-temperature water.
- The hot water spout is equipped with a child safety lock, so the entire family can use it worry free.
- An indicator light lets users know when hot and cold water is ready for use and when the bottle needs to be replaced.
- Cooler is compatible with 3 and 5-gallon bottles and is 41 inches tall and 2 and a half inches wide.
The Brio Essential offers both hot and cold-water dispensers at just the right temperatures, and it comes complete with a room-temperature water option. If you’re looking for a bottom loading dispenser that offers it all, this is the model for you. It holds either 3- or 5-gallon jugs underneath the machine and has an indicator light that comes on when it needs to be refilled, it’s quiet, and it’s Energy Star approved.
Not only is it energy-efficient, but it also comes with a child safety lock feature parents can lock to keep kids of pushing the hot water button. Whether you need a dispenser in the kitchen or office, this modern design looks sleek. And the convenient indicator lights only further the great appeal.
However, the downside with this model is that you can’t accommodate tall water bottles. Reviewers have also said the LED indicator light isn’t bright enough for night use and unless you turn on the overhead light, you really can’t see what button you’re pushing.
- HOT & COLD WATER NOZZLE: with this water cooler you can choose between a Cold & Hot water, making it ideal for cool refreshments or toasty beverages. COLD WATER TEMP: 40 to 45 degree F HOT WATER TEMP: 170 to 175 degree F
- WATER COOLER ACCOMMODATES: This counter top water cooler has the ability to accommodate 3 or 5 Gallon bottles/Jugs, it will save you hundreds of water bottles per year
- WATER COOLER FEATURES: This tabletop water cooler is operating with an automatic electric plug in water dispenser system for quick water cooling. Enjoy its ultra quiet operation
- IDEAL FOR HOME & OFFICE: With its innovative Tabletop design it is perfect for office & home, simple and hassle free operation, no bottles around you messing up your office and fits in any corner. You will love the convenience of this handy tabletop water cooler
- CHILD SAFE: This product is equipped with a child safety lock on the hot water spout so the entire family can use it worry free
If you have limited floor space or live in a small apartment, this countertop water dispenser may be perfect for you. It functions as a full-sized floor model while coming in a small enough package to fit on top of your counter. Both hot and cold water are readily available, and there’s a child-safety lock for the hot spout to keep youngsters safe.
At a great price, this model is cheaper than most floor models without sacrificing everything that makes them great. The unit makes very little noise and is more affordable than many floor units with the same features. Plus, a built-in cup holder allows you to store paper cups directly on the unit.
- INSTANT HOT WATER DISPENSER: This instant hot water system features a compact, lever activated side faucet & a 2/3 gallon stainless steel tank with easy-to-adjust temperature control that delivers instant, near-boiling water.
- STYLISH DESIGN & EASY TO INSTALL: This stylish system not only pairs well with main kitchen faucets that feature transitional design lines, it is also easy to install with a single hole in your counter top and electricity under your sink.
- HOT WATER ON DEMAND: Whether you're cooking, cleaning or preparing hot beverages, instant hot water dispensers sit on the edge of your kitchen sink ready to dispense near-boiling water when you need it. Save time, space & energy in the kitchen.
- FASTER, CLEANER, SMARTER: From meal prep to cleanup, InSinkErator helps make it fast & easy to keep your kitchen clean with our iconic appliances: garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers.
- A HISTORY OF INNOVATION FOR THE SINK: We invented garbage disposals in 1927, & we're the world’s largest manufacturer of garbage disposals & instant hot water dispensers for home & commercial use.
If you drink a lot of hot tea or really only need a hot water dispenser for your needs, this model is a 2-3 gallon hot water tank that can provide nearly boiling water in no time. You can control the temperature, reaching from 160 to 210 degrees, to customize your needs. And the metal construction of the unit ensures durability for years to come.
To stay safe, this unit also comes with an automatic shutoff. It offers low energy consumption and is a great choice if you’re looking to save a few bucks. You can easily mount it on the edge of a kitchen sick yourself to allow the dispenser to blend into your kitchen décor.
- Designed for convenience and portability, pump recipe-quality water from commercial bottles
- Illuminated on/off switch, provides clear visibility in dark or hard-to-reach places
- Quick connect port, speeds installation and replacement of suction and discharge tubing
- Quiet operation minimizes noise pollution with noise-dampening rubber feet
- Unit shuts off when bottle is depleted, restarts automatically when bottle is replaced
For people who really only use their water dispenser to refill water bottles, especially on-the-go, this pump system will allow you to easily refill commercial water bottles from any location. With a convenient on/off switch that illuminates in the dark, you can use it at any time of day or night.
This model is very unlike any of the others on this list, but it is quiet and easy to install. It even comes with a long power cord for your convenience and the unit automatically shuts off when the water is depleted or when you replace the bottle.
- STAINLESS STEEL TANKS: Both the hot and cold water tanks are constructed of hygienic stainless steel which is specifically designed to be contaminant-resistant and protect your health
- TEMPERATURE ADJUSTMENT: Controlled by an adjustable thermostat, the cold water temperature can be set from around 35.6°F-53.6°F. The hot water temperature is automatically controlled (non-adjustable) to nearly 185°F.
- ENERGY STAR RATED: This water cooler has earned an Energy Star rating, which means it meets strict energy-efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and U.S. Department of Energy
- EASY CLEAN-UP: The Clover B14A water dispenser requires little maintenance, just remove the one piece ABS drip tray for occasional cleaning.
- HOT WATER SWITCH: The Clover B14A bottled water cooler comes with a convenient on/off switch that controls electricity power to the heater.
With both hot and cold water, this dispenser features a stainless-steel tank and adjustable thermostat, so you can set the water temperature to suit your needs. This unit is easy to operate and has a convenient on/off switch to control the electric power of the heater. It’s easy to clean as well and comes with a one-piece ABS drip tray and an Energy Star rating for energy efficiency.
The high-density polyethylene material used on the body makes it durable, and you can expect this unit to last you for a long period. With over three certified safety and quality guarantees, what more could you need?
- Hard-wearing polyethylene cabinet with Ultra Violet resistance to eliminate rust and corrosion
- Stainless steel one-gallon sealed reservoir, food-grade cold
- Stainless steel two-liter sealed reservoir, 185˚F
- Easily adjustable thermostat
- Lead-free steel components
This unit will allow you to never need to make another run to the store for bottles of water again. It can filter, store, and protect your water whether it’s hooked up to the electricity or not. This model can serve up to 35 people with hot or cold water on a regular basis, making it perfect for offices as well. The water is clean and safe to drink because it heads through a three-stage purification and filtration system.
Even better, the unit comes with a universal kit for easy setup, an on/off switch for safety and a stainless-steel frame that’s easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
How We Chose Our Ratings
To select only the best products for our lists, we research hundreds of products and their uses. We scour the internet to bring you an unbiased list of the best water dispenser out there today. Our reviews are honest and accurate, which is why we score each product in terms of value and consider what real users have said about the product. The brand’s reputation and quality of the unit are also considered.
Last update on 2021-01-16 at 22:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API