iSpring 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter (with Brushed Nickel Faucet) – 2018 Review
This system is one of the best rated reverse osmosis systems.
This compact yet powerful reverse osmosis filtration system from iSpring, has held a good position for a long time – happy customers means a good water filter.
So what is all the rage about?
This 5 stage filtration system delivers bottled water quality (or better according to some users) drinking water for a fraction of the cost. The large capacity of 75 gallons per day output ensures a constant supply of clean, contaminant free, drinking water from either your town supply or your own well.
This is not a water softener (find out the difference between filters and softeners here), so if you live in a hard water area you may need to change the filters more regularly, which is not ideal, but if you don’t have terribly hard water continue to read this review, and be amazed!
Our Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
- High output capacity (up to 75 gallons/day)
- Inexpensive (compared to other water softeners)
- Everything is included for installation
- Can fit under your sink!
- Money back guarantee
- Quality Assurance – All wet parts are NSF and ANSI certified and manufactured under ISO 9000 Quality System giving you the assurance of both the quality of the product and the drinking water it delivers.
- High Output Capacity – The larger reverse osmosis membrane can give up to 75 gallons per day plus the storage tank is filled faster to ensure a constant supply of clean drinking water.
- Flexibility to Cope with Low Pressure Water Supplies – A minimum water of 35 pounds per square in is needed for the efficient running of the system. For levels below that a booster pump is available.
- Everything is Included – Included in the kit is a European style faucet, a water detector, a 3/8” single piece feed water adaptor for easy installation, an automatic shut-off valve, and a 5th stage post carbon filter.
- Peace of Mind – The filter system comes with a 30-day money back policy and a 1 year satisfaction guarantee.
What We Liked About iSpring Water Systems
Save money on drinking water – This system will supply you with a high daily capacity of 75 gallons, for a relatively low cost, of clean drinking water – and with the rising costs of living, you can be sure to save tons of money.
It will fit even in the tightest spaces – Don’t have much space? not a problem – A relatively small and compact ‘under the counter system’ that measures only 15” x 8” x 18” and weighs only 25 pounds.
Super easy installation and a good customer support – iSpring has a very highly rated US based customer service technical helpline which is available. In addition to this, the system has simple and easy to follow installation instructions which is backed up by YouTube explainer videos.
Beautiful tasting water 24/7 – This could well be the reason that this system is so loved – once installed, you have an abundance of clean tasting drinking water (through a separate faucet which is supplied with the filter kit.
Great value for money – You can’t argue with the price, and you will save cash in free drinking water with this system. Worried about replacement filters? you shouldn’t be – they’re low cost, and are available at most home department stores.
What We Didn’t Like About iSpring Water Systems
It’s hard to find genuine bad reviews about this product. The output from the system may not reach the reported 75 gallons per day in poor water quality areas, however if you’re living in a poor quality water area, every filter or softener that you use will perform less effectively.
This is a reverse osmosis system, which means it cleans the water but does not soften it. If you’re living in a hard water area and its causing you problems (such as these problems) we suggest you purchase a water softener along with this system. Visit this page for water softener reviews and information.
Best Suited For
- Customer’s who are looking for a small system – this compact system will fit under your sink
- Customer’s looking to eliminate chemicals and additives from drinking water – This will provide you with clean, healthy drinking water, non stop
Not So Great For...
- Large households with multiple kitchens – This will only work for the tap that it’s installed for. If you have a few taps that you drink from, try a whole house system – this one is great.
- Households that suffer from true hard water issues – you need a real water softener, so visit this page and check out our top choices.
On the whole, it’s very hard to fault the Legendary 75GPD 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System. A good Customer feedback is always a good sign, and there is plenty of happy customers using this filter around the world. If you’re looking for a water softener system to deal with very hard water this is not a great choice for you, but if you’re after a filter for one tap- you should not consider anything else. The verdict overall is that you are getting a filter system that outperforms many systems several times the cost of this.
Our Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars