GE GFXSF30V Water Softener Review
Specs & Features
What is a GE GFXSF30V Water Softener?
Living in an area with bad supply can do more harm than you may think. Your appliances, plumbing, even your skin are at risk of being damaged by the high mineral content found in the tap. The right model can go a long way protecting you from the dangers presented by these chemicals. One of the most recognized brands in the industry is GE. Here, we review one of GE’s products, the GE GXSF30V water softener.
The GE GFXSF30V model is the suitable solution for a small household. Most homes with four occupants usually use a 30,000-33,000 grain unit for their tap. This GE device has a capacity of up to 30,200 grains. With a 95 grains per gallon maximum hardness removal capacity, the product is very efficient, and it can remove 7 PPM of iron.
A Breakdown of the Product's Features:
- It has energy saving features. This is a characteristic we all look out for when shopping for household appliances. It’s great to lower power consumption as it is easier on our pocket and it helps us live energy productive lives, thus reducing pressure on existing energy resources.
- It has a programmable operation and permanent setting memory. You can choose to adjust the hardness of your tap to fit your lifestyle preferences. Once you do program your unit, you don’t have to worry about having to do so again. This is a very useful feature in scenarios such as when there is a power outage.
- It utilizes SmartSoft technology. This means that the unit can adjust itself, depending on water use patterns. This way your tap is always softened when you need it; this is a notable feature that will help you save on salt and energy used.
- It helps keep a lot of supply for your home. According to the Water Quality Association (WQA), GE products help save on H2O because one would use up to 50% less detergent when doing the laundry and dishwashing. This is a great benefit not only for your household but also for the environment.
- It has a notification system and self-cleaning abilities. The unit will show the number of days left before the tank is empty. You don’t have to guess when to add more salt as you can plan in advance and on time. Also useful is the fact that like most GE water softener models, the GFXSF30V has a self-cleaning sediment filter that will protect your plumbing from sediment such as sand.
All in all, this GE product is ideal for those looking to solve hard water problems in the small household. GE has worked to minimize the drawbacks that are often a concern when it comes to these softening units. Most products use a lot of electricity during the regeneration cycle and use too much salt. GE has products that take away these concerns and guarantee excellent efficiency.
GE products are known to be user-friendly; more often than not, supply softening units comes ready and easy to install. GE has many years of experience in the softening industry and have for the longest time, provided excellent quality and impressive performance. The GFXSF30V is one out of their many great products that are highly effective. It is an excellent choice for fighting hard water problems.