Rinnai Tankless Water Heater
Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters provide endless on-demand hot water for your home or business. If you need energy efficient, space-saving water heating options, Rinnai water heaters may be an option for you.
What Is a Rinnai Tankless Water Heater?
Rinnai Corporation is a Japanese manufacturing company that was founded in the 1920s. Rinnai began distributing their gas appliances to North America in 1974. In 2001, a new facility opened in Peachtree, GA, allowing for more efficient distribution, research, and training for the Rinnai Corporation.
The Rinnai Tankless Water Heater is a small natural gas or propane run appliance that provides an endless source of hot water to multiple faucets by using the latest technology. You can control and monitor your Rinnai water heater using your smartphone or voice command.
So long as you have either natural gas or propane, you will be able to use any model of the Rinnai Tankless Water Heater for your home or business.
With flexible venting options, the water heater can be installed on the wall either indoor or outdoor. Its dimensions are approximately 19”x 26”x 10,” and it is lightweight, making it easy to install.
How Much Does The Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Cost?
Rinnai has several models to choose from, all depending on your needs. The price for the system varies between $600 and $2300, not including installation costs. These heaters also come with limited warranties, 15 years for residential and eight years for commercial. Some economy models have a ten year warranty.
While some DIYers opt to install their Rinnai water heater themselves to save on costs, many of the warranty benefits come from professional installation and maintenance.
Is The Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Worth The Cost?
With the Rinnai tankless systems, you can save up to 40% on energy with high energy efficiency between 82% and 90%.
Hot water is consistent and fast. The temperature is accurate. The hot water is available only when needed, which saves energy by not cycling when not necessary. Some models have a recirculation option that allows less wait time for hot water and less waste of cold water.
The Tankless Water Heaters come with a 24-hour controller that can be programmed to your specific needs matching your usage patterns so you can ensure you have enough hot water at any time of day.
The technology that is integrated into the Rinnai systems allow you to receive maintenance alerts and the option for remote assistance. You can also control your system by installing Wireless Push Button, Wireless Motion Sensor, or even Voice Activation with Amazon Alexa.
The pros and cons of a Rinnai tankless water heater are:
The Different Rinnai Models
Rinnai tankless water heaters use less energy and water and have an average 20-year lifespan. All parts are recyclable and replaceable.
There are three different series of models that Rinnai offers, the High-Efficiency Non-Condensing Technology, the Super High-Efficiency Condensing Technology, and the Hybrid Tank/Tankless Water series.
The High Efficiency, or HE, series has two models: HE Series V and HE +Series RL/RLX.
The HE Series V offers a low budget-friendly option for those trying to save some money. It has an energy efficiency rating of .81, and it can handle up to four running shower heads at a time. This option can be installed either indoors or outdoors and can run on natural or propane gas.
The second option in the HE series is the HE +Series RL/RLX. This is also a great budget buy option and has an energy efficiency rating of .81. This option is also good for up to four running shower heads.
This option also has Circ-Logic technology, which allows recirculation to deliver hot water faster than the HE V option. This technology also gives you Wi-Fi capability and voice activation when you connect your HE RL/RLX to your Amazon Alexa.
You are also able to control your water heater remotely. If necessary, you are able to monitor and diagnose remotely as well.
The next Rinnai series is the Super High Efficiency (SE) Condensing Technology series with the SE Series RUCS/RUS, the Sensei SE+ RUC/RU, and the RUR. All of these options are Energy Star qualified.
The SE series RUCS/RUS is a little more expensive than the HE series options. The energy efficiency rating is .81 and can support up to three running shower heads at a time.
The Sensei SE +RUC/RU series is also more expensive. This series has an energy efficiency rating at .92 and can support up to four shower heads at once. This option also has Circ-Logic technology, allowing it to have Wi-FI and Amazon Alexa capability.
This option also has the ability to control, monitor and diagnose the heater remotely.
The Sensei SE +RUR model is similar to the RUC/RU model in price range, energy efficiency rating and shower head support. It also has advanced technology, but instead of the Circ-Logic, it has the 360 technology.
The 360 technology is a more advanced version of Circ-logic, allowing all of the same features. This model is a great option for larger homes that use more water because of the ability to preheat the water.
The last Rinnai water heater series is the Hybrid Tank/Tankless Water series. This series has two options: RHS and RHS100, both are the most expensive option from Rinnai. These options do not have an energy efficiency rating, nor do they have a recommended shower head usage.
These models do offer faster hot water delivery option, and the RHS100 has the Amazon Alexa voice activation option.
It seems that the HE and SE series are the more efficient and better option for buyers.
The Rinnai water heaters come with flexible venting options for easier installation. The venting options allow for indoor or outdoor installation.
What Are Other Tankless Water Heater Options?
There are many other tankless water heaters on the market. Here are a few options to compare to the Rinnai series options.
The Rheem RTEX 13 Electric Tankless Water Heater is a compact unit that does not need a lot of power to run. It is an electric water heater, which allows people that don’t have a gas or propane option to still have a reliable source of hot water.
- External adjustable digital thermostatic control with LED display (+/1 degree accuracy
- Durable Copper immersion two heating elements, field Serviceable.Self-modulating power control
- Simple installation – 1/2 NPT adapters included; side 1/2 inch Compression water connections
- 99.8% energy efficient. External controls to adjust temperature in increments of 1°f. Water-Saver Shower Head – 1.5 GPM
- Threaded for easy replacement, simple installation, digital temperature display 54 A. 13kW Model Flow Rate: up to 3.17 GPM
The Rheem model has an impressive flow rate that allows hot water to run in a shower and kitchen tap simultaneously. It also allows you to adjust the temperature from its LED display. It costs just under $320.
If you live in a small household without gas or propane utilities lines, this model may be an affordable and reliable option.
The Stiebel Eltron Tempra Plus 24-kW is an electric heater that has advanced flow technology that allows the temperature of the water to maintain stability even if you adjust the flow rate. It is a compact and quiet water heater that costs roughly $685.
- CONTINUOUS FLOW – Advanced Flow Control patented technology invented by Stiebel Eltron, automatically maintains water temperature for constant comfort. It’ll reduce flow slightly if hot water demand exceeds capacity. Hot showers will never be interrupted again
- SPACE & ENERGY SAVER – Its small, sleek white design saves space yet still provides endless hot water for your whole house, and no venting is required. Eco friendly unit saves energy with auto-modulation and the ability to electronically control water flow. Savings monitor even shows how much you save on energy costs
- EASY OPERATION – Electronic switch activates the hot water heater and it’s noise free while in use. Has a digital temperature display and preset temperature and memory buttons, while the interior solid copper heating system does all the power work
- TEMPRA 24 PLUS – This specific model is 24kW, 240V, requires a min recommended electric service of 150 A, and offers an output water temperature of 68° to 140°F. Check our guides below to compare features of our various Trend and Plus models, each available in different kW levels
- WARRANTIES INCLUDED – Stiebel Eltron’s top-rated electric tankless water heaters perform with the highest standards for comfort and reliability. Our 7-Year Leakage and 3-Year Parts Warranties are included with purchase
This is a good water heater for smaller apartments and homes and is an energy efficient unit. It does have a 3-year warranty, but must be installed by a professional technician in order for the warranty to be upheld.
The Atmor AT-D18TP-AZ Instant Tankless Water Heater is a compact, safe and user-friendly unit. The Atmor also has a water sensor that begins heating water for future use as soon as you turn on the hot water. Once you turn the tap off, the sensor goes off. This saves energy by not running unnecessarily.
- Ideal for single sink application in areas with at least 57° ground water temperature
- Maximum flow rate 0. 5 gpm (gallons per minute) = 45° F temperature rise. Slower flow rate = higher temperature rise
- Requires a direct connection to a 30 amp single-phase breaker. Required wire size: 10 AWG. Not a plug-in unit
- Instant and endless hot water on demand without the wait or worry of ever running out and nominal water volume is 0. 11 gallon
- Includes a 0. 5 gpm aerator for sink faucet and pressure relief device (prod). max tested working pressure: 16 bar (230 psi)
The Atmor offers several models ranging from ~$130 to ~$350. All models are corrosion resistant and energy efficient. This is a very affordable option for homes with 1 or 2 people living there.
The Eccotemp FVI-12-LP Propane Tankless Water Heater is a lightweight and compact water heater that provides a great flow rate for a shower and faucet running simultaneously. It is energy efficient and runs on propane or natural gas.
- Whole home indoor, gas powered tankless water heater, rated at 3.6 GPM that activates only when in use, making it an energy saver.
- For indoor installation with safe, efficient power ventilation and perfect for any small home, cabin or apartment.
- Easy to read digital temperature display, on a compact and space-saving design with minimal noise output.
- Safe electronic ignition system; plugs into standard 120v electrical outlet with UL-listed cord.
- Uses standard 1/2" NPT water fittings and is equipped with easy to use manual water temperature controls.Minimum 0.65 GPM flow rate
The Eccotemp is a simple and user-friendly unit with an LCD screen that provide water temperature. This unit also allows for easy self-installation and costs just under $230. Because it is propane or natural gas dependent, it does need to be vented.
How Do Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters Compare?
With the many tankless water heater options available, it seems that Rinnai still holds up to their competition.
Many other options are affordable options for small homes with one or two residents and not a lot of water usage. For the larger homes or businesses, Rinnai seems like a no-brainer.
Rinnai has several options to meet the needs of many different customers. They also offer versions for people that prefer more technology or for those that do not.
Rinnai is affordable, albeit some models are much more expensive than their competitors. A major difference and justification for the cost, is the amount of hot water the Rinnai can produce.
Many of the competitors are only good for one shower and one faucet running simultaneously. Rinnai has several options for larger homes to run multiple showers and faucets at the same time.
With Rinnai’s efficiency and many different options, this seems like a solid choice for a tankless water heater for your home or business. The only downfall is that it is only available for those with natural gas or propane availability.
Rinnai Rebates and Financing
Rinnai offers different rebates for several different product models. If you visit their website, you can find the rebate form, as well as the fine print. There are specific dates that you must have purchased your Rinnai product, as well as a cut-off time for your rebate form return.
In order to qualify for a rebate, you must have your system installed and need to include your invoice for the propane kit (if applicable) and the invoice for the purchase and installation. The rebate can’t be combined with other rebates.
Rinnai also partners with Service Finance Company, LLC to offer flexible financing options. This is a safe and secure paperless process that can be done from your computer, tablet or phone. The process provides quick approval decisions and allows same-day funding. Approval rates are high, as well. You have the easy loan management and no prepayment penalties.
Last update on 2021-01-23 at 17:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API